We're really excited to announce that we'll be holding our first ever fringe event at Lib Dem online Spring Conference this year.
Date: 5.40pm on Saturday 20th March
How to join: Make sure you've registered for Lib Dem conference and then click here to attend the fringe event when it's time for it to start.
The topic of the fringe is "What is the point of the Liberal Democrats?" and will seek to answer the question of how the Liberal Democrats can stay at the forefront of progressive politics. Join out panellists as they discuss the role and future of the Lib Dems.
- Josh Babarinde OBE: Lib Dem parliamentary candidate and founder of a social enterprise employing young ex-offenders
- April Preston: Lib Dem Federal Board member and campaigner in Manchester
- Jennie Rigg: Member of the Lib Dem Federal Conference Committee and former Chair of LGBT+ Liberal Democrats
- Charley Hasted: Lib Dem London Assembly candidate, NHS emergency services worker and unpaid carer
- William Barter: Liberal essayist
The fringe is co-hosted with LGBT+ Liberal Democrats.
It is vital that we have a frank discussion about the party- what it has been and achieved in the past, and how best it can be a vehicle for change and improving people’s lives in the future.
- Radical Association Co-Chair Natasha Chapman
With the Liberal Democrats facing both a crisis of existence and purpose, it’s important that pressure groups like the RA and LGBT+ Lib Dems step up with a new progressive direction. This fringe gives the best of our ideas people the perfect platform to communicate that direction to the party.
- Radical Association Co-Chair Luke Graham